Day 14: Deuteronomy 8:1-Deuteronomy 23:11 - 90 Day Challenge

God Sets the Israelites Apart


There are a number of things I'd like to talk about from this reading. I had questions, and there were verses that really spoke to me, that I was really drawn to. 

Unfortunately, the craziness of life has me all sorts of scatter-brained right now, so I'm just going to state what I personally got out of this reading, and then list some of my favorite parts.

God wants us to be good people. He wants us to be holy. He wants us to believe in Him and fiercely defend our beliefs. 

He wanted the Israelites to realize that it was none of their actions that caused them to be favored by God. It was the wickedness of the other nations that caused them to be driven out. It was not because the Israelites had anything special, it was because the other nations were devastatingly corrupt. (Deuteronomy 9:1-6)

Some verses I liked (and highlighted) (and would like to hear others' opinions):
  1. Deuteronomy 8:2-3
  2. Deuteronomy 8:10
  3. Deuteronomy 10:12-13, 18-19, 21
  4. Deuteronomy 17:19-20
Aside from that, the reading was mostly just a reiteration of the laws stated in Leviticus. 

Deuteronomy is often referred to as a Book of Remembrance, and that seems like a lot of what it is! I've really been enjoying reading Deuteronomy, and I love the perspective it's written in! 

Let me know any thoughts or questions, I'd love to hear some feedback!
Tomorrow's reading: Deuteronomy 23:12-Deuteronomy 34:12

Have a wonderful and blessed Sunday!
Jill Jafarace
Director of Student Ministry
New Leaf UMC


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Genesis 1:1-Genesis 16:16 - 90 Day Bible Challenge

Day 35: Nehemiah 1:1-Nehemiah 13:14

Day 22: 1 Samuel 28:20-2 Samuel 12:10 -90 Day Challenge