Day 41: Psalms 41:15-Psalms 69:21 - 90 Day Challenge

The Book of Psalms

Praising the Name of Lord, Always


If the rest of the books of the Bible provide us with verses for knowledge, Psalms provides us with verses for life. Verses for our trials. Examples of how other's have continued worship and praise. 

Continually, we see verses of how people were in deep pits, but the Lord drew them up out of it. Psalm 47 is all about singing praises to the Lord. That's all it is. A song about songs. It provides a break from the ups and downs in the books of Psalms, it serves as a reminder to take the time to worship. 

Psalm 49:15-20 is really interesting. In this time where we seem to worship money above all, the Bible says this: "A man who has riches without understanding is like the beasts that perish." I feel that this verse's meaning holds true throughout time, and is still valuable today. 

Psalm 51:10-12: 

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." I love this passage. I love that it is a prayer we hear over and over again, just in a concise and meaningful manner. 

Have you ever heard the saying, "Let go, and let God"? I feel that that is something we get out of Psalms, in nearly every verse. People are letting go of their troubles, they are looking past the people who would drag them down and instead are turning their eyes up to God. 


"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." 

I encourage you all to not only fall back on the Lord, but to continuously and actively seek Him. All day, every day. In both trials and triumphs. 

Tomorrow's reading will be Psalms 69:22-Psalms 89:13
Have a wonderful weekend!
Jill Jafarace
Director of Student Ministry
New Leaf UMC



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Genesis 1:1-Genesis 16:16 - 90 Day Bible Challenge

Day 35: Nehemiah 1:1-Nehemiah 13:14

Day 22: 1 Samuel 28:20-2 Samuel 12:10 -90 Day Challenge