Day 59: Lamentations 2:1-Ezekiel 12:20 - 90 Day Challenge

Ezekiel's Visions


I'll be honest, I had no idea what was going on in Ezekiel. 

But I understood Lamentations, so we'll start there for now. 

Jeremiah continues to mourn for the fall of Jerusalem, but he's still accepting of God's punishment. We hear several verses that really put the situation into perspective, and make God's punishment seem more reasonable.


Lamentations 3:21-25-- 

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself "The Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for Him." The Lord is good to those who hope in Him, to the one who seeks Him." 

Lamentations 3:31-33 continues to say--

For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though He brings grief, He will show compassion, so great is His unfailing love. For He does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men.

And with a reminder for those who call upon the Lord in need we have Lamentations 3:57-58--

You came near when I called you, and you said, "Do not fear." O Lord, you took up my case; you redeemed my life.

The Lord didn't want to punish His people, He does not like to see their suffering. But sin, without salvation, cannot go unpunished. 

So, then we meet Ezekiel and he's certainly the most, eccentric, prophet we've met. He has really intense visions, and also interprets God's punishments on himself. I recommend reading the first three paragraphs of this article, since it explains up to where we've read in Ezekiel much better than I could even try to. At any rate, I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of Ezekiel goes, and the path Ezekiel takes.

Tomorrow's reading: Ezekiel 12:21-Ezekiel 23:39
Have a wonderful day!
Jill Jafarace
Director of Student Ministries
New Leaf UMC


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: Genesis 1:1-Genesis 16:16 - 90 Day Bible Challenge

Day 35: Nehemiah 1:1-Nehemiah 13:14

Day 86: James 3:13-3 John 14